Before coming to Transfer Advising & Registration Day, there are few things that you want to be sure are taken care of so you can have a successful experience.
- Immunization Requirements – FIU requires you to have had various types of immunizations before entering the university. You will have Immunizations holds on your account that will prevent you from registering for your classes until you submit all of the necessary documentation. Please be sure you've done this at least four weeks prior to your scheduled orientation date. For more information, please visit http://healthservices.fiu.edu/immunization/.
- Graduation Success Initiative (GSI) – The Graduation Success Initiative is an extensive, university-wide set of innovations dedicated to helping you succeed academically. As a transfer student, it will help to ensure your timely graduation in your appropriate major. Please visit gsi.fiu.edu to learn about the tools available to you.
Parking and Arrival Information:
- Parking is provided free of charge for Advising & Registration Day participants in Lots 3 and 4 at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and in Lot 2 at the Biscayne Bay Campus. Please park in unmarked and unmetered spaces only.
- Check-In begins at 8:00am in the Graham Center Ballrooms at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and in Panther Square of the Wolfe University Center at the Biscayne Bay Campus. There will be directional signs and/or staff to assist you, or you can find our campus maps here: MMC - http://campusmaps.fiu.edu/mmc-map.pdf, BBC - http://campusmaps.fiu.edu/bbc-map.pdf
See our Orientation FAQs for even more information.
Don’t forget these items!
- Official Immunization documentation (even if already submitted)
- Panther ID Number
- Picture ID (driver’s license or other ID)
- Copies of AP, IB, or CLEP scores
- Transcripts with other college credits and the catalog from the other college
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A light sweater or jacket
- Umbrella (just in case)
- A positive attitude!