Advising & Registration Day Sign-Up
Advising & Registration Day sign-up, when open for your admission term, takes place by logging on to MY.FIU.EDU with your Panther ID number and password after you've completed your Virtual Orientation. First time users, please visit https://myaccounts.fiu.edu/ to setup your account and password information.
- After logging into MY.FIU.EDU, scroll to the bottom of the page to the Admissions section, and click the "Advising & Registration Day" link.
- Complete the requested information to sign up for the session of your choice. Be sure to only select a date that showed on the previous screen for your corresponding major.
There is no additonal fee for students for Transfer Advising & Registration Day. There is no concurrent parent/family program, therefore, students are encouraged to attend on their own when possible. Should you choose to bring a guest, the fee is $10/person.
Before coming to Transfer Advising & Registration Day, there are few things that you want to be sure are taken care of so you can have a successful experience:
- Virutal Orientation Payment - Please be sure you've paid your $35 orientation fee before coming to campus. The university payment system (via My.FIU) works best with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Immunization Requirements – FIU requires you to have had various types of immunizations before entering the university, and holds may be placed on your account that will prevent you from registering for your classes until you submit all of the necessary documentation. Please be sure you've done this at least four weeks prior to your scheduled orientation date. For more information, please visit http://healthservices.fiu.edu/immunization/.
- Insurance Requirements (International Students Only) – FIU requires international students with F or J status to have medical insurance prior to registration, and you may find a hold on your account. Proof must be submitted to the Health Compliance Office at Student Health Services to have this hold removed. For more information about insurance requirements/options, please visit http://healthservices.fiu.edu/insurance-and-fees/international-students/index.html.
Parking and Arrival Information:
- Parking is provided free of charge for Advising & Registration Day participants on the top floor of the Blue Parking Garage at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and in Lot 2 at the Biscayne Bay Campus. Please park in unmarked and unmetered spaces only.
- Check-In begins at 8:00am in the Graham Center Ballrooms at the Modesto A. Maidique Campus and in the lobby of the Wolfe University Center Ballrooms at the Biscayne Bay Campus. There will be directional signs and/or staff to assist you, or you can find our campus maps here: MMC - http://campusmaps.fiu.edu/mmc-map.pdf, BBC - http://campusmaps.fiu.edu/bbc-map.pdf
What to Bring:
- Official Immunization documentation (even if already submitted)
- Panther ID Number
- Picture ID (driver’s license or other ID)
- Copies of AP, IB, or CLEP scores
- Unofficial transcripts with other college credits
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A light sweater or jacket
- Umbrella (just in case)
- A positive attitude!